Emile has a week vacation and lo and behold, mama actually managed to take the week off too, hooray! So we did a few fun things!
Playgrounds indoors and out, many playdates, swimming, the goat farm, the petting zoo, a theatre show, a day (dawn till dusk) at the natural history museum, and then (as I started my new job today!), to top it all off our wonderful nanny Katie took them for a day at the zoo!
I love this picture because it is so typically the kids! Emile smiling and acting goofy, while Céline stands aloof in the background, and calmly takes it all in...Playgrounds indoors and out, many playdates, swimming, the goat farm, the petting zoo, a theatre show, a day (dawn till dusk) at the natural history museum, and then (as I started my new job today!), to top it all off our wonderful nanny Katie took them for a day at the zoo!
Comparing one's wingspan... to that of a vulture (?)
Nope... not vultures yet...
Conversation at dinner time:
C (innocently): "Emile, you have to ask: was there a hippo?"
E (compliantly): "Was there a hippo?"
C (indignantly): "No, of course there wasn't a hippo! The hippo is dead!"
For those of you familiar with Artis, you will understand the context (Tanya the hippo died at age 49, two years ago). For the rest of you, I just thought it was a really funny Céline-ism! Ahhh... kids =)



3 comments:
I forgot you were starting your new job today! Good luck. Looks like a fun time, keep those things on the list for the summer :)
Leuk geschreven Julie! Hoe bevalt je eerste dag als een org science associate?
that Céline! She's definitely one of us!
Post a Comment