Sunday, April 29, 2007

One year old and growing fast!

Oops, been a long time since the last posting! Emile has (finally) started eating again - but what does he think of mama's cooking...? So, now that he's not a baby anymore, we promoted his bed to the lower setting and installed his new toddler car seat! Before you know it, he'll be in the driver's seat, of this car for instance, sighted yesterday by mama at Heathrow airport... (look closely). Also, he is starting to talk, and today discovered how to make Dutch guttural 'g' noise (which he liked very much). And here's something fun: if you put all kinds of toy animals and other objects in front of him he will pick up the right one on command: from elephant to zebra, from flower to 'poppetje' (toy lego man), and if you say vliegtuig (airplane) he looks into the sky - yes, this is an Amstelveen kid, living near the airport...! Tante Nicki will be happy to hear his 'baby signs' are also coming along nicely (dog, frog, fish being his favourites!), and he knows that the cow says 'moo' - in fact I guess we can classify that as his first word (well, after mama and papa).
All in all, Emile is one heck of a cool guy, as you can see here sporting the shades Lesley and Tom sent him for his birthday! (Although he especially likes looking at himself in the mirrored glasses. One year old and vain already...).And here we have proof that Dutch kids indeed can ride their bikes before they can walk... (see also video, also featuring Ziggy and mama's well, er, slim rear end...)

And when we're not doing all that, the swing is a good place to just hang out...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

B-i-i-g boy! Once he gets his feet on the ground, the furniture won't be safe. But I suppose there's time for that yet. Glad to see he's eating again - that is to say, I assume some of that food goes INSIDE his mouth...??

Ella+Felix Mama said...

Oops! I just realized that I have not yet left any comments on this post yet even though I have looked at it a dozen times or so already! Great pictures!!! we miss you and we miss Emile growing up very very much.

Ella+Felix Mama said...

Have a nice vacation in France! I look forward to seeing the pictures when you get back.