Here is this year's school picture of our big boy. Cute or what!!
So what's up with the doll sitting on the teacher's lap? Well, get this: the doll is called Pompom, and he has a necklace. One side is red, the other side is green. If Pompom is on green, the kids can approach the teacher, but if Pompom is red... they can't. Brilliant! And guess what. When I am at home, I can lie on the sofa, and say to Emile, "no, Pompom is on red". And guess what. He lets me lie there (well, for about 5 mins) - without Pompom even being there!!! Ahhh, you gotta love school!
The hip new thing in kindergarten is the 'friend book'. Here is what Emile filled out in his friend Laurens' book.
(well, he dictated, I wrote).
I thought it was worth keeping...

2 comments:
Oh cute! Juf Iris does that too, except she puts on a necklace or a big flower in her hair. Then the kids have to think of another way to get their question answered. Sounds like it's the same technique! I wonder how long it will take him to figure out how to get around your rule at home or throw it back at you when he doesn't want to get up :D
good one, Nicole!
Wish I could read his "vriendenboek". When we were young, we had autograph books, poeziealbums in Dutch but in Dutch you wrote a poem to your friend, like Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. did you ever have a Poeziealbum?
Post a Comment