Friday, March 26, 2010

Us 4

Today is a landmark day: Emile's final day at daycare, ever. Next week I am off with the kids, and then: school. This evening I will try and post a bit of the send-off they gave him and his sister, who is switching to a different creche simultaneously (although I guess I will edit out the teary-eyed mother who is thinking back to this moment...)

Here's what he said to me this morning in the car: "Mama, als ik groot ben, word ik een superheld. Word jij dan ook een superheld? Dat is cool". (mama, when I grow up, I am going to be a super hero. Do you also want to be a super hero? That's cool.) What a big boy. Already thinking about his future, starting a family business with mom.Yeay!

In the meantime, I couldn't resist sharing this wonderful picture with you, all four of us shiny and sunny
thanks to Alan and Connie for the picture and wonderful visit!
(Fyi - Connie and Alan stopped over on their way to Morocco for their 40th! wedding anniversary. Looks to me like Connie must have gotten married when she was like 10.) 

2 comments:

Ella+Felix Mama said...

What a great photo of the 4 of you. Can I please have it higher res so I can print out & display?

Hi Connie & Alan too! Lucky to be the first of the US fam to see the shiny new house.

We are so proud of our Emile to go to the big school!

Oma van Ella, Emile, Felix and Céline said...

LOVELY photos. Emile has Mama's hair and Papa's face!
I'm going to try to put all of Emile's face on to the family portrait... if I have time!
We're both I am very proud of all four of you. Well done, Webertjes!